The Meep tablet is already unlocked. It comes however with the crappiest Android laucher. In this tutorial, I will show you how to change the launcher into a better one. Also, I will show you how to install app on it from Google Play.
What you need:
Computer with Google Chrome
Google Play account (GMail account)
1) Connect your Meep tablet to your Wifi.
2) Log in to your Meep account from your computer using Google Chrome, then click on the Parental Settings tab (top-right corner).
3) Click on the “Open Google Play on MEEP!” button. Wait for Google Play to pop-up on your Meep tablet and then link your Meep tablet to your Google Play account.
4) Once finished, log-in to your Google Play account from your computer using Google Chrome. From there you can install apps which will customize you Meep. The following are the suggested apps to install.
SuperSu - will help you manage your super user access.
Nova Launcher – much better looking launcher than what’s provided
Fast Reboot – allows you to do a quick reboot to clear the RAM
Titanium – useful if you want to uninstall apps
QuickPic – makes it easier to view photos
MX Player – for videos
To install apps on your Meep tablet, you always need to use your PC. You will have to log-in to your Google Play account and then install an app from there.
I installed Windows 7 64-bit on my VGN-CR120E laptop. It seems that the camera driver installed fine. I only realize it did not when I tried Google+ hangout. It seems that Windows installed a wrong driver for it. So, I looked for an official driver provided by Sony. It seems that they only have one for Vista. I tried it but it doesn’t work. After an hour or so of searching the web for a working driver, I found one. I’m sharing it here:
Just unzip after downloading and double click on Install.
I bought several of these adapters for my X61s Thinkpad hackintosh. Unfortunately, they did not come with an OS X driver/utility. I spent hours looking looking for one using Google search. I’m sharing it here so you don’t have to go through the painful process of searching:
Just download the appropriate package, then install the utility. You will be prompted to restart after installation. Go to your Applications folder, then run (double click) the Wireless Network Utility.
If you install Windows 7 on your X61s Thinkpad you will get an unknown device on Microsoft ACPI-Compliant Embedded Controller. When you right click on it from the Device Manager and click on the “Update Driver Software…” it will almost always be able to correct that problem. Sometimes though it doesn’t work. So you have to install the driver manually.
You need Lenovo Power Management Driver for this:
What you need:
X61 (X61s, X61T) Thinkpad
OSX 10.7 Lion Installer (Install Mac OS Lion app)
SATA HDD External Case
Mac running Snow Leopard or Lion
USB Mouse and USB Keyboard
Files to Download:
Step by step guide:
(1) Remove the hard disk drive of the Thinkpad and insert it in the HDD case.
(2) Connect the external HDD into the Mac computer/notebook.
(3) Install Mac OS Lion app located in the /Applications folder. Be careful to install it on the external HDD and not on the hard drive of the system you are running. To switch the target of the installation just click the hard drive icon and it will slide a new screen where you can choose a target drive.
(4) When the installer is done copying files needed for installation into the external hdd, you will be asked to reboot. After that it will install OSX Lion into the external hdd. In the process it will asks you for you name, login name, password, etc.
(5) We are going to run stuff in the “Post-install-X61T” zip file, so get that ready, along with the “Extra” zip and and the “current SLE March 6, 2012” zip files. You can unzip them all now.
In “Post-install X61T” run “MultiBeast 4.2.1.pkg”. Check only “UserDSDT Install”. It will install the very basic things to get a Hackintosh going like Chimera, which is a boot manager and EFI firmware hack to get the PC bootstrapped.
(6) The “Extra” zip is a whole replacement for the entire “Extra” folder. Unzip “Extra.zip”, and replace everything in /Extra with my versions. This should contain the following:
(7) Shutdown the Mac computer. Pull the HDD from the external case and insert it into the X61 (x61s/x61t) Thinkpad.
(8) Power on the Thinkpad. You should be able to get into the desktop. If it does not make it to the desktop, try rebooting several times. If it still can’t, you are just going to have to start over (and follow the steps carefully this time).
(9) The keyboard and mouse do not work because they are PS/2 style. For now, we need to use our USB mouse and keyboard.
(10) It’s time for the kext installfest. The current-SLE.zip file contains 18 kexts. They all need to be properly installed in a special folder on the Hackintosh, /System/Library/Extensions. In the “Post-install X61t” zip, there is a utility, KextBeast, which is again by the good folks at http://tonymacx86.com/. Install that on the ThinkPad.
To use KextBeast, you simply drag the kext files out of “current SLE March 6, 2012” onto your desktop. Then, launch KextBeast and hit install, authenticate, and that’s it! You Hackintosh is basically done after a reboot. What the KextBeast actually does is grab any kext files on the desktop, and moves them in S/L/E with the proper permissions.
After you boot, everything should be working except for WIFI.
I have been using my T-Mobile smartphone as a hotspot for a while until T-Mobile decided to block tether use. When you tether now, you will be redirected to a page where you can purchase a tether feature for $14.95/month. I find it ridiculous to pay extra just to use up the data allotment that I already paid for. Luckily for us, it is very easy to bypass their block.
Enough chit-chat, so how do we get around this? As you may have guessed, all you need to do is change your browser’s user-agent profile. Here’s how to do it:
b) Then download this file (Right click, “Save as”) http://techpatterns.com/downloads/firefox/useragentswitcher.xml
c) Go to Tools>>User Agent>>Edit User Agents (a window will pop up) >> Click on “Import..” and add the .xml file you just downloaded.
d) Choose a the Googlebot 2.1 user-agent (under “Spider – Search” ) as this will allow the browser to always load up full webpages
(You will get $10 if you choose Gift Card instead of cash! This works also on other online stores like Newegg, Buy, Walmart, Macys, etc..)
1) Sign-up for an sign up in eBates, you’ll get $5 bonus when you make your first purchase. So, before you buy something expensive on eBay, take time to sign up first so that you will get a rebate. If you want to see if this really works, I recommend that you sign-up and buy a cheap item first.
The pictures below are proofs that I received cash through PayPal.
Why should I use Ebates?
Shop through Ebates, and earn up to 25% cash back at your favorite stores. How? Our stores pay us a fee when you shop. We then share the fee directly with you – it’s just that simple.
Incredible deals don’t end with cash back. We hunt down cut-rate coupons and exclusive offers plus amazing deals on hot products. Unlike any other savings site on the internet, you can layer the deals. Save big by using coupons and getting cash back at the same time! With deal layering, you really stack up the savings.
Best of all, we never charge a membership fee or require mail-in rebate forms. We just send you your cash, no strings attached.
How do I join Ebates?
Join for free simply by giving us your email address. We need your address so we can contact you when you have earned cash back. Sign-up or sign-in to get started. You can start shopping and earning cash back as soon as you sign-up.
Don’t have a password?
Visit Password Help to create your password. Simply enter the email address you signed up and you will immediately receive instructions on how to create your password. By setting a password, you help us protect your privacy and cash back.
How do I make sure that I am earning cash back?
Purchases you make at Ebates stores are only credited if you start your shopping session at Ebates.com or another Ebates service (like the Ebates toolbar) and click to a store via an Ebates link. As much as we’d like to give you cash back even if you do not start shopping via an Ebates link, we have no way of proving you are our member to the store without your click.
If you click through Ebates and make a purchase, then surf elsewhere on the Web and return to that store and make a second purchase, your second purchase will not earn a cash back reward. (You must click through an Ebates link every time you shop at a store site.) If you use multiple windows on your browser, the window in which you shop at the store must have come from an Ebates link. Also, while virtually all product purchases at the stores are eligible for cash back, there are a limited number of products that do not qualify for cash back.
Can I use Ebates if I live outside the U.S. and Canada?
Yes, as long as the store you are purchasing from will ship outside of the U.S. and Canada. All cash back payments are made in U.S. dollars.
What is an “Ebates Tracking Ticket”?
The Ebates Tracking Ticket lets you know we are on the case! It verifies that you clicked a link on Ebates to get to one of our stores, and gives you a number to refer to in case you need to ask us a question about the corresponding purchase. Every Ebates Tracking Ticket for the past three months will be recorded to your account page for your future reference.
What if Ebates doesn’t offer the store I want?
We work daily to ensure our members will enjoy a variety of goods and services from quality stores. If you would like to recommend a store, simply Contact Customer Service. We will do everything possible to add your store.
What if I want to return or cancel an order?
Returns are subject to the return policy of the store from which you purchased. If you return or cancel an item, we have to reverse any cash back earned from that sale.
Exchanges also usually reverse cash back awards. In the process of an exchange, the store cancels the old order and replaces it with a new one. When the store creates the new order, it usually fails to capture the referral from Ebates and credit us a commission.
To avoid losing cash back on an exchange, we recommend returning the merchandise and making a new transaction via Ebates.
This is the simplest way to make a bootable CM10 SD Card for Nook Tablet. I’m assuming you are using a Windows 2000/XP/Vista/7/8 computer. You need at least a 4Gb micro SD card.
Here’s how to do it:
1) Download zipped CM10 image and extract it.
2) Download Image Writer for Windows. Extract it from the zip file and run it.
3) Navigate to the folder of the extracted CM10 image.
4) Choose the letter that corresponds to your micro SD Card and then click on Write.
5) Insert the micro SD Card into your Nook Tablet, and then reboot your Nook Tablet. You may need to charge your Nook Tablet while doing this for your Nook to boot into Android.